Everyone has 'em.
They tell where you come from. They hold secrets to who you are.
This site explores how to use digital tools and media to record and preserve spoken memories of family members.
Your host: Susan A. Kitchens (I got into this by talking to my grandpa; at the time he was 99 years old.)
Sign up for our Mailing List
Get news and updates
We hate spam! We love privacy. We’ll never share your address. Ever.
- 1940 Census and an interview with Mama
- Mailbag Q & A: I want to interview my parents. Does that mean I think they’re at death’s door?
- My (our) StoryCorps Adventure
- Notes on a first interview
- My recording kit (and how I chose it)
- Letters from the Attic: 1918 Flu Epidemic Edition
- Ringing in the New Year with some Resolve
- “I’m so glad you did this. So glad.”
- On digital formats: the audio CD player graveyard
- My Mother tells me about HER mother
- First things first: Analog and Digital
- How it all began
- iPod Hacking Adventures, part 1